Custom Persona Research
Persona Insights Monitoring
A panel of Personas can be developed in various ways:
- Segmentation (groupings) of customers using your data sets or our data;
- Individual customers using your data sets or our data.
Once a Persona panel of your choosing has been identified (as reflected above) and the Personas have been created and launched, with knowledge being gained by them each day through the material they read, you will have an opportunity to continuously monitor the following:
- Topics that Personas are reviewing that are trending upward/downward;
- Keywords on which Personas are focused;
- Interest levels associated with topics being read;
- Specific items being read by the Personas.
You can monitor this information as often as you like, according to time frames that meet your needs (24 hours, 1 week, 30 days, life of the Persona). You can do your own monitoring or PersonaPanels can provide analytical results for you on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis that highlight trends, keywords, interest levels and what is being read by the Personas.
PersonaPanels lives in a world where segmentation data is always up-to-date and can be analyzed at any time, allowing for greater confidence in understanding and predicting shifting behavior, resulting in optimal decision-making. PersonaPanels can take your existing segmentation data or create robust segments for you from internal and external data, producing the following strong advantage:
- Personas feature data that is always available and up-to-date, so analyses of the data in your segmentation study can happen as often as you like. This is in stark contrast to today’s expensive segmentation studies, which use data that is static and ages quickly. Decisions based on aging data are often outmoded – occurring months or even years after a study was completed. Data from Personas is always fresh and up-to-date, translating into better decision-making that can positively impact your brand and its sales.
Persona Panel Development
You may have a data set or numerous data sets that feature your targeted customers. PersonaPanels can take your data or we can use your data in combination with external data sources to develop your proprietary panel of Personas. You can use these Personas for various types of research as often as you like (research such as messaging, idea development, segmentation, discrete choice). There are groundbreaking advantages to using Personas for your research needs:
- Persona research allows for up-to-the-minute results and an opportunity to investigate those results as often as you like, unlike traditional research that is static and moment-in-time;
- Persona research is able to reach a sample size that is as close to a census as possible, as opposed to traditional research that relies on small samples that may not be representative of your customers. One of the reasons we can implement this approach is that Personas do not require incentives, which allows your research budget to stretch further;
- Personas do not fatigue, unlike humans, and therefore can be exposed to large numbers of research messages or ideas. So instead of trying to figure out what should be included in your research, you can test as many messages and ideas as you want;
- Because Personas allow you to have access to data as often as you like, you will have continuous opportunities to detect trends. With traditional research, trackers only allow you to do this within tightly defined time frames predetermined by your study;
- Using Personas for your research needs allows you to maximize privacy since sensitive topics are not being reviewed by humans. In traditional research, these sensitive topics can leak out in unintended ways, causing problems for you;
- Persona research allows you to go “back in time” to understand how prior events impacted Persona reactions. This means that you always are able to conduct research surrounding important events (e.g., product launches, recalls). Traditional research is always focused on the present.
Once your Personas have been designed, created, and are gaining knowledge each day, they are ready for message testing. The beauty of working with Personas for message testing is:
- There are no limitations on the number of messages you can test since Personas, unlike humans, do not fatigue;
- You can continually test your messages and tweak them as necessary, since Personas do not require incentives.
This translates into quicker results using less of your budget, allowing for better decisions that can be implemented faster.
Persona Idea Generation
Once your Personas have been designed, created, and sent out to the Internet each day to gain knowledge, they are ready for your ideas to be tested. The advantages of working with Personas when testing ideas are:
- There are no limitations on the number of ideas you can test since Personas, unlike humans, do not fatigue;
- You can continually test your ideas and tweak them as necessary since Personas do not require incentives.
These advantages translate into quicker results using less of your budget than in the past, allowing for better decisions that can be implemented faster.
PersonaPanels lives in a world where discrete choice/conjoint data is always up-to-date and can be analyzed at any time, allowing for greater confidence in understanding shifting behavior and predicting future behavior, resulting in optimal decision-making.
PersonaPanels can take your existing discrete choice/conjoint data or develop a discrete choice/conjoint study for you that will then be put in front of Personas. Doing discrete choice/conjoint studies through Personas has the following strong advantages:
- Because Personas do not fatigue, the number of products, variables of products, and the levels of those variables can be as large as desired to properly address your research objectives. In traditional discrete choice/conjoint studies, there is always a concern about how many products to show, how many variable to showcase, and how many levels of variables to feature because respondent fatigue can set in quickly and call into question the study’s findings.
- With Personas, there are no incentives paid, allowing your sample sizes to approach a census, unlike traditional studies that rely on small sample sizes that may not always be representative of your customers;
- Discrete choice/conjoint studies using Personas feature data that is always available and up-to-date, allowing analyses to happen as often as you like. With traditional discrete choice/conjoint studies, the data is static and moment-in-time, becoming outdated quickly. With up-to-date data, you are able to make better decisions that can positively impact your brand and its sales.
PersonaPanels is a full-service organization that can be involved with all aspects of research activities, from study design through analysis of findings and a formal presentation of results, according to your needs.